Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Danicela nutch <Da...@mail.com> on 2011/12/15 14:32:21 UTC

LinkDB usages

Hi,

 I'm wondering if LinkDB has additional uses in addition to increasing the rate of a page if many links are directed to it.

 In fact, I don't need LinkDB in my Nutch then I removed this treatment from my loop.

 But, if LinkDB does other important things, maybe I shouldn't ignore this phase.

 What do you think ?

 Thanks.

Re: LinkDB usages

Posted by Markus Jelsma <ma...@openindex.io>.

On Thursday 15 December 2011 14:32:21 Danicela nutch wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I'm wondering if LinkDB has additional uses in addition to increasing the
> rate of a page if many links are directed to it.

There is a patch adding #inlinks to the Solr index. Check Jira for Anchor
indexing plugin.

>  In fact, I don't need LinkDB in my Nutch then I removed this treatment
> from my loop.
>
>  But, if LinkDB does other important things, maybe I shouldn't ignore this
> phase.

Yes, indexing anchor is useful because anchors usually contain good search
terms. Using anchors for searching can help improve relevance.

--
Markus Jelsma - CTO - Openindex