Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Lance Ingram <la...@gmail.com> on 2011/01/18 09:11:56 UTC

JMeter plugin

I have followed the pdf document: How to write a plugin for JMeter.

I am unable to added my class I have written into JMeter jms folder as
source.

I then exported my class as a jar file and add it into JMeter lib/ext
folder.

Its only a TestElement a basic JMeter Gui, which will initiate a JMS
messaging services

Assistance would be appreciated

Re: JMeter plugin

Posted by Lance Ingram <la...@gmail.com>.
Hi Peter

I am not sure whether I have written my plugin correctly.

Since I have done what you have mentioned but my class was not loaded into
JMeter correctly and JMeter log file indicates no error or indication of my
class.

I have based my code of JMSPublisher but excluding configuration,
properties and cvs setting and GUI based on the documentation (but
only the*Test Element Section
* of the document not the Visualizers or Custom Graphs section)

I have created a package: *com.test.jmeter.samplers* and both my the Sampler
and GUI is in the same package.

My class was an application, must it be changes to ant builder since I
wanted to test the code functionality.

Is there any other configurations I must do to JMeter just to at least view
the GUI on JMeter of  class?

Thanks and Regards

Re: JMeter plugin

Posted by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com>.
jar up your plugin and put the file in jmeter's lib folder. it will
automatically load it.

peter

On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 3:11 AM, Lance Ingram <la...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have followed the pdf document: How to write a plugin for JMeter.
>
> I am unable to added my class I have written into JMeter jms folder as
> source.
>
> I then exported my class as a jar file and add it into JMeter lib/ext
> folder.
>
> Its only a TestElement a basic JMeter Gui, which will initiate a JMS
> messaging services
>
> Assistance would be appreciated

Re: JMeter plugin

Posted by Er...@Schange.com.
check the jmeter.log for any errors
make sure any properties defined have proper getters/setters

From:
Lance Ingram <la...@gmail.com>
To:
JMeter Users List <jm...@jakarta.apache.org>