Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Brian McGovern <bm...@imediainc.com> on 2005/04/19 14:35:46 UTC

Slightly Off topic: JSTL vs Bean tags w/ message resources

Hi,

Got a slightly OT question.  I want to put a date format mask in a properties file and format dates with this key in my presentation jsp.  I can do this with struts bean tags but seeming have to hard code it into the jstl tags.  Both approaches work but i would like to know if anyone has a way to make the properties driven format masking work in jstl.

Bean:
<bean:write name="Performance" property="performanceDate" formatKey="conf.dateformat.long" />

JSTL:
<fmt:formatDate pattern="MM/dd/yyyy" value="${Company.membershipStartDate}" />

thanks
-B