Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Malcolm Sinclair <MT...@groupwise.swin.edu.au> on 2002/03/19 00:08:21 UTC

Using FOP with xmlspy

Please excuse my asking this question on a developer's forum -- I realise it's off-topic.

Can you give me some hints, or can you put me in touch with someone who has successfully produced PDFs from .xml files in xmlspy? I have done this quite satisfactorily with fop-0.20.3 from the command line, but not from WITHIN xmlspy.

A few details:
   + I'm using the evaluation version of xmlspy,
   + I'm in touch with Altova's support people; they are trying to help, but as yet nothing resolved,
   + I'm a tech writer (novice in XML and no Java knowledge whatsoever)

I suspect the root of the problem is my unfamiliarity with XML; however, your suggestions could be very helpful just now

Thank you for your time

Malcolm