Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/29 13:48:43 UTC

eclipse:eclipse and xmlbeans-maven-plugin generated source

xmlbeans-maven-plugin uses the schema *.xsd files to create
target/generated-sources and from there to compile into classes.

I'd like to somehow tell eclipse:eclipse to include
target/generated-sources on the classpath.

The is because xmlbeans-maven-plugin creates *.class files which don't
have matching *.java files. And adding the path manually to the
eclipse build path causes a clean/build which deletes the *.class
files.

This means that I have to do the following sequence:
* mvn clean install (to generate source files and class files)
* mvn eclipse:eclipse (to generate .project and .classpath files)
* refresh project
* manually add target/generated-sources to the classpath (eclipse
deletes *.class files that dont have matching *.java files)
* mvn clean install (you need clean otherwise the *.class files dont
get created)
* refresh project

If I can get eclipse:eclipse to add target/generated-sources to the
classpath via a configuration setting then I should only need to do
* mvn eclipse:eclipse
* mvn clean install
* refresh project

Does anyone else use he xmlbeans plugin and have a different usage scenario?

If I didn't put my schema project in the same workspace as the project
that used the jars I could use repo dependencies instead of project
dependencies.