Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by EagleS <jo...@silvereagle.co.uk> on 2014/03/10 09:14:43 UTC

deleting a corrupted database with invalid checksum on page

Hi,

I have a database table POS_RESOURCES.RESOURCES that has been corrupted.
There is a Mirror file to this so easy to recreate it but I am unable to
delete it due to the corruption.

Whatever I try and do to the table I get them same result of:

SQLState:  08006
ErrorCode: 40000
Error: DERBY SQL error: SQLCODE: -1, SQLSTATE: XSDG2, SQLERRMC: Invalid
checksum on Page Page(0,Container(0, 474144)), expected=229,350,622, on-disk
version=1,888,684,690, page dump follows: Hex dump:
00000000: 0076 0000 0001 0000 0000 0000 93b4 0000  .v..........モᄡ..
00000010: 0000 0006 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000  ................
00000020: 0000 0000 0001 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000  ................
And the hex dump continues for ages.

What can I do to just delete this table and then rebuild it from the Mirror
file?

Thanks.

Re: deleting a corrupted database with invalid checksum on page

Posted by Myrna van Lunteren <m....@gmail.com>.
Perhaps there is something that can help you on this page:
https://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DatabaseCorruption

HTH
Myrna

Posted by EagleS <jo...@silvereagle.co.uk>.
I can't do rename table either unfortunately. Whatever query I try to run I get the same error and hex dump.

> What can I do to just delete this table and then rebuild it from the Mirror
> file?
Can you use RENAME TABLE?
Then you can create your new table with the old name, and just
leave that old, damaged table around.
Of course, you'll want to arrange a more long-term solution,
but that might get you back on your feet again while you
build a more solid overall plan.
bryan

http://apache-database.10148.n7.nabble.com/deleting-a-corrupted-database-with-invalid-checksum-on-page-tp137773p137789.html

To unsubscribe from deleting a corrupted database with invalid checksum on page, click here.
NAML

Re: deleting a corrupted database with invalid checksum on page

Posted by Bryan Pendleton <bp...@gmail.com>.