Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Francis Le Monnier <fr...@morphochem.ch> on 2003/11/12 08:24:33 UTC

Short manual question re: Loggers may be assigned levels...

In the paragraph beginning 'Loggers may be assigned levels.', it goes on to
say 	'Although we do not encourage you to do so, you may define your own
levels by sub-classing the Level class. A perhaps better approach will be
explained later on.'  I have checked out the examples in the 1.2.8 src
which use sub-classes of Level and Logger.  What is the better approach
alluded to?  I can't see it in the doc.  Is there a code example?
Many thanks