Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by jh...@us.ibm.com on 2004/09/13 15:14:08 UTC

Re: OS/2 build instructions?

On 11 September 2004 at 22:19, "Brian Havard" <br...@kheldar.apana.org.au> wrote:

> On Wed, 08 Sep 2004 16:59:22 -0400, jheyman@us.ibm.com wrote:
>
> >I'm new to the list, and was reading the http://apr.apache.org website.
> >The APR seems to sovle a problem that I have with developing code on
> >mutliple platforms.  I see that Unix and Windows have build instructions
> >(I assume that BeOS and Mac OSX can be built using the Unix instructions)
> >but nothing on how to build for OS/2.
> >
> >Was support for OS/2 dropped?  Is there a specific place to find the
> >instructions??
>
> Building on OS/2 is pretty much the same as on unix once you've installed
> all the required tools (gcc, assorted GNU text/file utilities, autoconf
> etc). However, I've fallen a bit behind in the maintenance of the OS/2 port
> so APR 1.0 doesn't currently build "out of the box", something I intend to
> fix when I get a bit of free time.

That's great!  Will there be a list of what the required tools are and
where to grab them from?

>  |  Brian Havard                 |  "He is not the messiah!
>  |  brianh@kheldar.apana.org.au  |  He's a very naughty boy!" - Life of Brian |

jerry
Jerry Heyman   919.224.1442   | IBM SWG/Tivoli Software|"Software is the
Build Infrastructure Architect| 3901 S Miami Blvd      | difference between
jheyman@us.ibm.com            | Durham, NC  27703      | hardware and reality"
                      http://www.cs.stedwards.edu/~heyman