Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jane Young <Ja...@Sun.COM> on 2010/03/17 22:29:05 UTC

How to add output statement in pom?

Hi Maven experts,

Is there a way to add logging or  echo statement in pom file?

For example in the "install"  lifecycle, I want to be able to print out
the directory where the sub-module resides:
e.g.
[INFO]
[INFO] Building Deployment Object Library
[INFO]    task-segment: [install]
[INFO]

I can add ${project.basedir} in the <name> element in the pom.
(e.g. <name>Admin CLI for v3  ${project.basedir}</name>)
If the directory is very long the name will also be long.

Is there a way that I can print the output:
e.g.
[INFO]
[INFO] Building Deployment Object Library
[INFO[ /export/GlassFish/v3/deploy/dol
[INFO]    task-segment: [install]
[INFO]

Re: How to add output statement in pom?

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
You can use the antrun plugin's <echo /> task, though it'll only appear underneath the project banner. At that time, there's usually a large number of output lines already showing the absolute location of files being copied.

On 18/03/2010, at 8:29 AM, Jane Young wrote:

> Hi Maven experts,
>
> Is there a way to add logging or  echo statement in pom file?
>
> For example in the "install"  lifecycle, I want to be able to print out the directory where the sub-module resides:
> e.g.
> [INFO] Building Deployment Object Library
> [INFO]    task-segment: [install]
>
> I can add ${project.basedir} in the <name> element in the pom.
> (e.g. <name>Admin CLI for v3  ${project.basedir}</name>)
> If the directory is very long the name will also be long.
>
> Is there a way that I can print the output:
> e.g.
> [INFO] Building Deployment Object Library
> [INFO[ /export/GlassFish/v3/deploy/dol
> [INFO]    task-segment: [install]

> Jane

Brett Porter