Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Brian Lamb <br...@journalexperts.com> on 2012/01/04 20:50:10 UTC

PHP/Solr library

Hi all,

I've been exploring http://www.php.net/manual/en/book.solr.php as a way to
maintain my index. I already have a PHP script that I use to update a
database so I was hoping to be able to update the database at the same time
I am updating the index.

However, I've been getting the following error when trying to run
$solr_client->commit();

Unsuccessful update request. Response Code 0. (null)

I've tried looking to see why I'm getting the error but I cannot find a
reasonable explanation. My guess is that it is because my index is rather
large (22 million records) and thus it is timing out or something like that
but I cannot confirm that that is the case nor do I know how to fix it even
if it were.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Brian Lamb

Re: PHP/Solr library

Posted by Stephen Powis <st...@pardot.com>.
I see the same error from my php/curl script when my request times out.  I
believe you can up your timeouts both in php/curl and in your solr configs.

Re: PHP/Solr library

Posted by Brian Lamb <br...@journalexperts.com>.
Hi Param,

Re: PHP/Solr library