Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Toshiro Takase <E3...@jp.ibm.com> on 2006/12/06 12:24:11 UTC

[AXIS2] OMElement.setFirstChild() sometimes breaks the AXIOM tree?

Hi all,

It is very hard for me to understand the semantics of
OMElement.setFirstChild().
Let's see,,,
-----
OMElement parent = .....
OMElement a = .....
OMElement b = .....
OMElement c = .....

parent.addChild(a);
parent.addChild(b);
parent.addChild(c);

parent.setFirstChild(b);
-----
Then, what happens?
In current implementation, the first child of "parent" is "b".
The previous sibling of "b" is still "a".
The next sibling of "b" is "c"....

Is this correct behavior? Or "b" should be detached in the setFirstChild
method?
Would anyone tell me the correct semantics of setFirstChild method?

Thanks in advance,
Toshiro TAKASE
IBM Research, Tokyo Research Laboratory, Internet Technology
notes ID: Toshiro Takase/Japan/IBM@IBMJP, e-mail: E30809@jp.ibm.com