Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Brett Sutton <bs...@noojeeit.com.au> on 2006/03/18 11:03:28 UTC

[help] newbie question

I've setup my first subversion repository and I've been working on a
branch for about a month and I'm now looking to merge the branch back
into the main trunk.

The branch will be left intact as it represents a beta release which I
may have to apply bug fixes to over the next month or so.

So, I made the branch at revision 22 and I'm looking to merge all
changes into the trunk.

I started by switch my working copy to the trunk using:

switch https://svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/asterfax/trunk
C:/dev/AsterFax -rHEAD

which worked fine.

I then tried to run a merge as follows:

merge --dry-run -r22:HEAD
https://svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/asterfax/version%201.0%20beta%208
C:/dev/AsterFax
but its failing with the following error:

Invalid filesystem path syntax
svn: REPORT request failed on '/svnroot/asterfax/!svn/vcc/default'
svn: Cannot replace a directory from within

I've read the relevant section of the manual and googled for an answer
but I still don't know what is wrong..

Can anyone help me with this one?

Regards,
Brett.