Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com> on 2017/04/04 10:14:39 UTC

Do we want to maintain snapshots?

Hi,

The question is in the subject. AFAIK, contrary to releases, snapshots are not mandatory.

Opinions? If yes, who is volunteer on this work?

Jacques

Re: Do we want to maintain snapshots?

Posted by Michael Brohl <mi...@ecomify.de>.
+1

Michael

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxsystems.com>.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi,

At r1013398 I removed the remaining file at
https://svn.apache.org/repos/infra/infrastructure/buildbot/aegis/buildmaster/master1/public_html/projects/ofbiz

and made a Git PR at https://github.com/apache/infrastructure-puppet/pull/209

I also cleaned the source-repositories.html and in relation with r1795541 I added a copyDtds.bat script in tools. Because I did not need it, I did not
create a *nix version, I let interested people take care of it...

So we are now completely done with both (snapshots and XSD files)

Jacques

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
I got an answer from one user https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/c0c7c09157faebc9cb4a4358e1102235474c7098c501ea4ed98a4ca9@%3Cuser.ofbiz.apache.org%3E

But no answer to my last question. I considered it's OK and removed the snapshots creations from the Buildbot script

I also removed from the download page.

The builds are much faster now (around 6 times faster)

Jacques

Le 04/04/2017 � 14:59, Jacques Le Roux a �crit :

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

Posted by Taher Alkhateeb <sl...@gmail.com>.
I see,

Well then in this case Like Jacopo, Michael and you mentioned maybe it's
better to drop it all together as it seems to be unnecessary at the moment.

On Tue, Apr 4, 2017 at 3:02 PM, Jacques Le Roux <

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
It's actually 2 parts, Buildbot takes care of generating the files and the pages are maintained here
https://svn.apache.org/repos/infra/infrastructure/buildbot/aegis/buildmaster/master1/public_html/projects/ofbiz

Note that now the create-ofbiz-archives-index.sh are handled with Puppet

IMO we don't need all this for OFBiz.

Jacques

Le 04/04/2017 � 12:27, Taher Alkhateeb a �crit :

Posted by Taher Alkhateeb <sl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.