Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by yucigou <yu...@gmail.com> on 2016/12/06 14:56:28 UTC

How caches in Local Mode works?

Suppose I have two server nodes in the cluster, both nodes have all caches in
Local Mode.

Node A has cached an entry (key1, value1).

Now node B would like to check if an entry keyed by key1 has been cached.
Would node B be able to see that entry cached at node A or not?

(If not, node B could cache the same entry (key1, value1). In other words,
it could end up with the same entry cached on both nodes.)

Re: How caches in Local Mode works?

Posted by Andrey Mashenkov <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
 Node B will never see local cache of Node A. LocalMode means that cache is
accessible only from node it was created on.

On Tue, Dec 6, 2016 at 5:56 PM, yucigou <yu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Suppose I have two server nodes in the cluster, both nodes have all caches
> in
> Local Mode.
>
> Node A has cached an entry (key1, value1).
>
> Now node B would like to check if an entry keyed by key1 has been cached.
> Would node B be able to see that entry cached at node A or not?
>
> (If not, node B could cache the same entry (key1, value1). In other words,
> it could end up with the same entry cached on both nodes.)

С уважением,
Машенков Андрей Владимирович
Тел. +7-921-932-61-82

Best regards,