Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Jiří Kovalský <ji...@oracle.com> on 2018/09/25 13:34:27 UTC

[news] NetCAT 10.0 proposal

Hello NetBeans community,

    the November release of Apache NetBeans is quickly approaching so I
would like to propose a schedule for the NetCAT 10.0 program [1].
Release drivers for version 10.0 are JDK 11 features and PHP support.

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NETBEANS/NetCAT+10.0+Schedule

    Please take a look at this plan and share any concerns you might
have. I am specifically interested in opinion of Laszlo Kishalmi - our
Apache NetBeans 10.0 release manager. If no major objections arise, I
will officially start NetCAT 10.0 program on Thursday - 9/27.

Thanks for your feedback (especially the positive one :)!

Best regards,
-Jirka

Re: [news] NetCAT 10.0 proposal

Posted by Glenn Holmer <ce...@kolabnow.com.INVALID>.
On 09/25/2018 08:34 AM, Jiří Kovalský wrote:
> Hello NetBeans community,
>
>    the November release of Apache NetBeans is quickly approaching so I
> would like to propose a schedule for the NetCAT 10.0 program [1].
> Release drivers for version 10.0 are JDK 11 features and PHP support.
>
> [1]
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NETBEANS/NetCAT+10.0+Schedule
>
>    Please take a look at this plan and share any concerns you might
> have. I am specifically interested in opinion of Laszlo Kishalmi - our
> Apache NetBeans 10.0 release manager. If no major objections arise, I
> will officially start NetCAT 10.0 program on Thursday - 9/27.

Looks good! Let's make sure we spend enough effort on updating the test
specs. I think it would be helpful if active developers had a look at
them too (even if they're not taking part in NetCAT), so we can make
sure that they reflect NetBeans' current functionality.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=93325174

--
Glenn Holmer (Linux registered user #16682)

Re: [news] NetCAT 10.0 proposal

Posted by Jiří Kovalský <ji...@oracle.com>.
Exactly. 3 releases per year to me sounds like the right cadence. In my
opinion, quality things need time. Yes, we can follow the same "modern"
pattern to rush things, provide monthly releases and even register
development update center in the IDE but I think this way we would be
compromising quality which is simply wrong approach.

-Jirka

Re: [news] NetCAT 10.0 proposal

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.

Re: [news] NetCAT 10.0 proposal

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.

Re: [news] NetCAT 10.0 proposal

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.

Re: [news] NetCAT 10.0 proposal

Posted by John McDonnell <mc...@gmail.com>.

Re: [news] NetCAT 10.0 proposal

Posted by John McDonnell <mc...@gmail.com>.

Re: [news] NetCAT 10.0 proposal

Posted by John McDonnell <mc...@gmail.com>.

Re: [news] NetCAT 10.0 proposal

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.
Yes, exactly, you will create a release branch on the 30th and the first
voting candidate on October 1. With that achieved, we’ll be in really good
shape to complete the release on schedule.

Gj

Re: [news] NetCAT 10.0 proposal

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.

Re: [news] NetCAT 10.0 proposal