Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Frédéric THOMAS <we...@hotmail.com> on 2012/11/26 23:34:33 UTC

New Spark components

Hi,

8 months ago, Bogdan presented missing spark components[1] he did but at this time there was so much excitement on the ML, it has not been so noticed, I wanted to bring to your attention he wanted to contribute them, what’s the process to integrate them into the SDK ?

[1] https://github.com/badu/SparkComponents
Spark Components
-----------------------------
1. Alert (org.apache.flex.spark.components.alert.Alert)
2. ColorPicker (org.apache.flex.spark.components.colorpicker.ColorPicker)
3. HDividerGroup (org.apache.flex.spark.components.dividers.HDividerGroup)
4. VDividerGroup (org.apache.flex.spark.components.dividers.VDividerGroup)
5. Menu and MenuBar (org.apache.flex.spark.components.menu.Menu and org.apache.flex.spark.components.menu.MenuBar)
6. ProgressBar (org.apache.flex.spark.components.progressBar.ProgressBar) - Fred.

Re: New Spark components

Posted by Frédéric THOMAS <we...@hotmail.com>.
Thank's Justin,

For what I remember I did them by himself and use them at work for a while
now, obviously no mustalla test have been done yet, I think to use them in
the app I'm doing in my whiteboard.

I'm gonna write a mail asking him for the ICLA.

- Fred.

> 8 months ago, Bogdan presented missing spark components[1] he did but at
> this time there was so much excitement on the ML, it has not been so
> noticed, I wanted to bring to your attention he wanted to contribute them,
> what’s the process to integrate them into the SDK ?

Has he signed a ICLA? [1] Do we know that it's his own work or was it work
done for someone else/a company?

>From a quick glance at the code I wouldn't see an issue with these been
added to the experimental namespace and then moved into one of the other
namespaces once they be in use for a while / have full tests.

Thanks,
Justin

1. http://www.apache.org/licenses/icla.txt

Re: New Spark components

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.
IIRC == if I recall correctly
ICLA == individual contributor license agreement

Re: New Spark components

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.
Bogdan,

Please look at [1]. It tells you that you need to fill in an ICLA [2]
and send it to 'secretary@apache.org'. The secretary will inform the
PPMC when you ICLA has been processed. Meanwhile you can create a JIRA
ticket [3] with all relevant information and attach your donation to
it. This will make it available to everyone to review it.

Once all the formalities have been completed and the review doesn't
bring up anything dramatic, I'm sure the code will be added to the SVN
repo sooner rather than later.

Thank you!

EdB

1: http://www.apache.org/licenses/#clas
2: http://www.apache.org/licenses/icla.txt
3: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLEX

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: New Spark components

Posted by Frédéric THOMAS <we...@hotmail.com>.
Well, the new spark components are now checked in :)

Remains the fact that the apache.swc compiles with nothing inside, I created
a tickect.

- Fred

Re: New Spark components

Re: New Spark components

Re: New Spark components

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Re: New Spark components

Posted by Frédéric THOMAS <we...@hotmail.com>.
@Chema
I don't want to include the manifest of other libraries and it's not like
that in others or maybe I missed something.

@Justin
I double checked my manifest.xml and it contains all classes included inside
the experimental library

I had the same problem with <s:Skin> and I resolved it adding <include
name="spark.swc"/> as an external library path, I guessed the solution would
have been to include another library, thus, I tried a few but without
success.

- Fred

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
HI,

Re: New Spark components

Posted by Chema Balsas <jb...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I'm still getting to know some of this stuff, so I'd like someone more
experienced to try and explain :)

In the meantime, I think this has something to do with namespaces and
manifests. I'd say you need to add something like

<namespace uri="*library://ns.adobe.com/flex/spark*"
manifest="${basedir}/manifest_spark.**xml"/>

You can then copy the contents for manifest_spark.xml from manifest.xml
inside the airspark folder, for example (you should even be able to remove
most of the declarations there and still get it to compile).

As I said, this is just something for you to try, but better see if someone
else can chime in.

Let us know!

Cheers,
Chema

Re: New Spark components

Posted by Frédéric THOMAS <we...@hotmail.com>.
Hi,

            <include-namespaces>http://flex.apache.org/experimental/ns</include-namespaces>

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team

Re: New Spark components

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team

Re: New Spark components

Posted by Frédéric THOMAS <we...@hotmail.com>.
Thank's Nick

- Fred

Re: New Spark components

Posted by Nicholas Kwiatkowski <ni...@spoon.as>.

Re: New Spark components

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team

Re: New Spark components

Posted by Frédéric THOMAS <we...@hotmail.com>.
Oups, I missed this message.

Yes, sure, I do that.

- Fred

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team

Re: New Spark components

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
Frédéric,

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team

Re: New Spark components

Posted by Bogdan DINU <fl...@gmail.com>.
Hi everyone,

--
http://www.badu.ro

Re: New Spark components

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
Hi Bogdan,

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team

Re: New Spark components

Posted by Bogdan DINU <fl...@gmail.com>.
Hello everyone,

--
http://www.badu.ro

Re: New Spark components

--
http://www.badu.ro

Re: New Spark components

Posted by Bogdan DINU <fl...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

--
http://www.badu.ro

Re: New Spark components

Posted by Frédéric THOMAS <we...@hotmail.com>.

Re: New Spark components

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Re: New Spark components

Posted by Frédéric THOMAS <we...@hotmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: New Spark components

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Re: New Spark components

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> 8 months ago, Bogdan presented missing spark components[1] he did but at this time there was so much excitement on the ML, it has not been so noticed, I wanted to bring to your attention he wanted to contribute them, what’s the process to integrate them into the SDK ?

Has he signed a ICLA? [1] Do we know that it's his own work or was it work done for someone else/a company?

From a quick glance at the code I wouldn't see an issue with these been added to the experimental namespace and then moved into one of the other namespaces once they be in use for a while / have full tests.