Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by philip andrew <ph...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/31 06:55:22 UTC

Are child nodes ordered collections? or is order not guaranteed as in databases?

Hi,

I am making a CMS with Jackrabbit, I wish to know, are the child nodes of a
node ordered? Can I change the order of the nodes?

Previously, I was using (sorry this is Scala code, just think of the same in
Java)
  @BeanProperty
  @Collection var children:java.util.List[OPageNode] = _

But I found that this created paths that I didn't like, ie, the node had a
element node called children and collection elements, so I moved back to
just having nodes at path locations.
So, I am not using the above method of using a @Collection, I am just using
the normal nodes at paths.

Thanks, Philip

Re: Are child nodes ordered collections? or is order not guaranteed as in databases?

Posted by Stefan Guggisberg <st...@gmail.com>.
hi philip,

On Sun, Jan 31, 2010 at 6:55 AM, philip andrew <ph...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am making a CMS with Jackrabbit, I wish to know, are the child nodes of a
> node ordered? Can I change the order of the nodes?

http://www.day.com/specs/jcr/2.0/23_Orderable_Child_Nodes.html

cheers
stefan