Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Nagelberg, Kallin" <KN...@globeandmail.com> on 2010/02/18 16:16:39 UTC

including 'the' dismax query kills results

I've noticed some peculiar behavior with the dismax searchhandler.

In my case I'm making the search "The British Open", and am getting 0 results. When I change it to "British Open" I get many hits. I looked at the query analyzer and it should be broken down to "british" and "open" tokens ('the' is a stopword). I imagine it is doing an 'and' type search, and by setting the 'mm' parameter to 1 I once again get results for 'the british open'. I would like mm to be 100% however, but just not care about stopwords. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks,
-Kal

Re: including 'the' dismax query kills results

Posted by Joe Calderon <ca...@gmail.com>.
use the common grams filter, itll create tokens for stop words and
their adjacent terms

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: In my case I'm making the search "The British Open", and am getting 0
: results. When I change it to "British Open" I get many hits. I looked at
: the query analyzer and it should be broken down to "british" and "open"
: tokens ('the' is a stopword). I imagine it is doing an 'and' type
: search, and by setting the 'mm' parameter to 1 I once again get results
: for 'the british open'. I would like mm to be 100% however, but just not
: care about stopwords. Is there a way to do this?

http://old.nabble.com/Re%3A-DisMax-request-handler-doesn%27t-work-with-stopwords--p11016770.html

more discussion...

http://search.lucidimagination.com/search/document/54d3a042ee5ae2d0/dismax_minimum_match_stopwords_bug

-Hoss