Posted to announce@apache.org by ha...@apache.org on 2012/04/18 16:46:41 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Camel 2.9.2 Released

The Apache Camel project [1] is a powerful open source integration framework based on known Enterprise Integration Patterns [2].

The Camel community continues its efforts to issue patch releases on a predictable schedule. Today we are proud to announce a new patch release Apache Camel 2.9.2. This release comes with 58 issues fixed, about 6 weeks after the previous release - camel-2.9.1. Development continues as strong as ever, with a release to follow shortly for the still supported 2.8.x branch. The trunk already contains an impressive number of fixes, improvements and new features and it won't be long before camel-2.10.0 will be available as well.

The artifacts are now published and are ready for you to download [3] either from the Apache mirrors or from the Central Maven repository.
For more details please take a look at the release notes [4].

Many thanks to the Camel community for making this release possible.

Hadrian

[1] http://camel.apache.org/
[2] http://camel.apache.org/enterprise-integration-patterns.html
[4] http://camel.apache.org/download.html
[3] http://camel.apache.org/camel-292-release.html

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Camel 2.9.2 Released

Posted by Hadrian Zbarcea <hz...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Greg, I wanted to confirm the fingerprint of my key and look into
it, but I am glad you figured it out. The sig files are mirrored, as
they are bulk copied with all the artifacts, but we also keep them on
the apache servers, which are the authoritative source.

Actually you just became my favorite person of the year for following
best practices and checking the signature of the artifacts. Kudos for
that. I will update the website pages accordingly. I am pretty sure the
same problem is there with other releases.

Thanks again,
Hadrian

On 05/03/2012 06:56 PM, Greg Henley wrote:
> Hadrian,
>
> I believe the problem is the way the link is setup on the
> http://camel.apache.org/download.html page.  For the "PGP Signature file of
> download" column underneath "Source Distribution" section.  Compare the
> following:
>
> apache-camel-2.7.5-src.zip.asc correctly links to
>
> http://www.apache.org/dist/camel/apache-camel/2.7.5/apache-camel-2.7.5-src.zip.asc
>
> but the 2.8.5 and 2.9.2 link to www.apache.org/dyn/...  instead which takes
> you to mirror sites, not directly to the asc file!!
>
> apache-camel-2.9.2-src.zip.asc links to
>
> http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/camel/apache-camel/2.9.2/apache-camel-2.9.2-src.zip.asc
>
> After I found the right asc file, Signature is good.
>
> Greg

Hadrian Zbarcea
Principal Software Architect
Talend, Inc
http://coders.talend.com/
http://camelbot.blogspot.com/

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Camel 2.9.2 Released

Posted by Greg Henley <he...@cavs.msstate.edu>.
Hadrian,

I downloaded the 2.9.2-src and the corresponding PGP signature file, but gpg
says no valid OpenPGP data found.

I tried the same with the 2.9.2 Windows binary distribution and gpg says
Good Signature.  Is there an issue with the signing of the 2.9.2-src?  I
even tried the 2.8.5-src and got the same error.

C:\Users\henley\Downloads>ls -l apache-camel-2.9.2*
-rw-rw-rw-   1 user     group    18496414 May  2 17:05
apache-camel-2.9.2-src.zip
-rw-rw-rw-   1 user     group       31003 May  3 16:53
apache-camel-2.9.2-src.zip.asc
-rw-rw-rw-   1 user     group    14976627 May  3 16:55
apache-camel-2.9.2.zip
-rw-rw-rw-   1 user     group         836 May  3 16:55
apache-camel-2.9.2.zip.asc

C:\Users\henley\Downloads>gpg --verify  apache-camel-2.9.2-src.zip.asc
gpg: no valid OpenPGP data found.
gpg: the signature could not be verified.
Please remember that the signature file (.sig or .asc)
should be the first file given on the command line.

C:\Users\henley\Downloads>gpg --verify  apache-camel-2.9.2.zip.asc
gpg: Signature made 04/12/12 07:52:30 Central Daylight Time using RSA key ID
6A70C608
gpg: Good signature from "Hadrian Zbarcea <ha...@apache.org>"
gpg:          There is no indication that the signature belongs to the
owner.
Primary key fingerprint: 4AAC 7338 D125 F866 4167  6AF6 1522 6672 6A70 C608

Greg

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Camel 2.9.2 Released

Posted by Hadrian Zbarcea <hz...@gmail.com>.
Yes, but it looks like the old Confluence AutoExport trick is no longer
working with the new websites buildbot. The announcement is only in the
wiki front page, until I'll figure it out tomorrow.

Cheers,
Hadrian

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi Hadrian

Did you post a news so this can be on the Camel front page?

On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 4:46 PM,  <ha...@apache.org> wrote:
> The Apache Camel project [1] is a powerful open source integration framework based on known Enterprise Integration Patterns [2].
>
> The Camel community continues its efforts to issue patch releases on a predictable schedule. Today we are proud to announce a new patch release Apache Camel 2.9.2. This release comes with 58 issues fixed, about 6 weeks after the previous release - camel-2.9.1. Development continues as strong as ever, with a release to follow shortly for the still supported 2.8.x branch. The trunk already contains an impressive number of fixes, improvements and new features and it won't be long before camel-2.10.0 will be available as well.
>
> The artifacts are now published and are ready for you to download [3] either from the Apache mirrors or from the Central Maven repository.
> For more details please take a look at the release notes [4].
>
> Many thanks to the Camel community for making this release possible.
>
> Hadrian
>
> [1] http://camel.apache.org/
> [2] http://camel.apache.org/enterprise-integration-patterns.html
> [4] http://camel.apache.org/download.html