Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Nizamul <ni...@rediff.co.in> on 2008/03/24 07:26:34 UTC

is it possible to change the way score from different field combine to give final lucene score

Suppose I have two field field1 and field2 and let the score for a query from field1 and field2 are score1 and score2 respectively.now when computing the final lucene score I instead of score1,I want to use some function (f(score1)) of that score.

Re: is it possible to change the way score from different field combine to give final lucene score

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.
http://lucene.apache.org/java/2_3_1/api/org/apache/lucene/search/function/package-summary.html

Sorry, they are called FunctionQuery in Solr, but Lucene calls 'em
FieldScoreQuery, etc.  Sounds like CustomScoreQuery may do the trick.

HTH
-Grant

Posted by John Wang <jo...@gmail.com>.
HI Grant: