Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by KRIS MUSSHORN <mu...@comcast.net> on 2016/10/04 14:52:43 UTC

parsing issue - content and title fields combined

Nutch 1.12
Solr 5.4.1

I have a simple webpage that I am crawling with Nutch (attached).

Nutch picks it up as application/xhtml according to the doc type definition.

In parse-plugins I am specifically telling nutch to use parse-html.

<mimeType name="application/xhtml+xml">
<plugin id="parse-html" />
<!-- <plugin id="parse-tika" /> -->
</mimeType>

I am using parse-(html|tika|metatags) to extract the description, keywords, and date into solr.

this all works fine except....

the content field in solr shows the title and the body text.

I want just the body text in the contents field.

Solr schema.xml does NOT perform any kind of copy into contents.

Solr schema.xml defines content as:

<field name="content" type="text" indexed="true" stored="true" termVectors="true"/>

I have attached the nutch dump and the parseText:: shows title and body.

How do I get the result i need?

I have tried using parse-tika, with boilerpipe-default/article/canola, instead of parse-html and parsing with Tika does not produce the desired result.

In fact parsing with Tika produces duplicate entries in the metadata fields.

TIA for assistance?

Re: parsing issue - content and title fields combined

Posted by Comcast <mu...@comcast.net>.
I was not complaining

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by Markus Jelsma <ma...@openindex.io>.