Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Mikael St�ldal <mi...@ingen.reklam.staldal.nu> on 2000/11/24 23:28:02 UTC

Translation utilites and dependency

I have a project in which I use a utility to preprocess a source file
before javac:ing it (JLex). I can use it from Ant, but JLex is run
every time I run Ant. How do I make it run only when nessesary (i.e.
when the source file is newer than the target)?

The relevant part of my build.xml:

  <target name="lexer">
    <java classname="JLex.Main">
      <arg value="${src.dir}/nu/staldal/lsp/LSPExprLexer"/>
    </java>
  </target>

I guess I can solve it by writing a specialized JLex task. However, it
would be nice with a more general solution to this problem, since there
are quite a lot of tools like JLex that one might want to use.

--
* You have just read a message from Mikael Ståldal.              *