Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by monalsinha <mo...@gmail.com> on 2018/04/05 07:48:01 UTC

Using Apache Ignite with Zookeeper

I am using Apche Ignite with zookeeper based discovery using curator
framework.
Do I need to open any port on my ignite node like TCP based discovery, in
order for this to work?

Re: Using Apache Ignite with Zookeeper

Posted by Denis Mekhanikov <dm...@gmail.com>.
You have to open discovery and communication ports at least.
By default they are 47500 and 47100.

If you want to use JDBC, REST or JMX, then you should open the
corresponding ports as well.

Denis

Posted by monal sinha <mo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Denis Mekhanikov <dm...@gmail.com>.
You should open the port, specified as a *localPort* in *TcpDiscoverySpi *
configuration.
The same for communication SPI and other protocols, that are used in your
cluster, like JDBC, REST, etc.

The only difference in Zookeeper-based discovery is that Zookeeper is used
to find other nodes on the network.
So, only IP finder is different. Discovery protocol works the same way as
with *TcpDiscoveryVmIpFinder *or any other IP finder.

Denis