Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Gunnar Hilling <ne...@hilling.de> on 2003/12/31 02:26:47 UTC

Jboss (3.2.3) Session Bean with RC5

Hello all!

I got serious problems integrating ojb-rc5 (using odmg) into jboss.

All works fine when testing with MBeans.

In a stateless session bean selecting data I get an error:

[org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.CachedConnectionManager] Closing a
connection for you.  Please close them yourself:
org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.WrappedConnection@a614a4

Nevertheless the Data is correctly read.

Writing Data fails because:

- I can't create own transaction (OK, managed environment)
- When trying to persist I receive a message:
Could not build statement ask for: Connection handle has been closed and is unusable
2003-12-31 02:07:59,612 ERROR [STDERR] org.odmg.ODMGRuntimeException: Could not build statement ask for: Connection handle has been closed and
is unusable

The statement certainly fails ...

I tried this via LocalTxManager.

Next thing I tried to use the JTATxManager:

- MBean operation fails ("No external transaction found"). OK, I can
understand this. Is there a way to use MBean with JTATxManager??
- Session Bean: "No external transaction found"

What can I do?? I really need this stuff (I relied on it working...)

Best Regards,

-Gunnar

Re: Jboss (3.2.3) Session Bean with RC5

Posted by Gunnar Hilling <ne...@hilling.de>.
Hello,

I think I found the error:

I have to use Container-Transaction with the
JBossTransactionManagerFactory. All other Combinations (especially Bean
managed Transactions) seem not to work.
I set eager-release to "true" (will try other possibilities
later/tomorrow).
MBean access also seems not to work (I think I could
provide a second ODMG Implementation though).

Posted by Gunnar Hilling <ne...@hilling.de>.
On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 21:18:14 -0500, Brian McCallister wrote:

> Do you have eager-release in the connection descriptor enabled or
> disabled?

I tried both (not sure about all combinations) but it didn't seem to have
any effect (I think it should be set to true for JBoss 3.0.6 - says the
doc ...).

Can You give some insight?

Posted by Brian McCallister <mc...@forthillcompany.com>.
Do you have eager-release in the connection descriptor enabled or
disabled?

-Brian