Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by av...@satori.com on 2000/02/26 23:46:47 UTC

Tomcat 3.1M2rc2

When I try to configure Tomcat to be started by Apache,
it all seems to start well (finds all the configured context
and logs and these nice things).  But then I see the following
in my error_log

[Sat Feb 26 16:39:28 2000] [notice] Apache/1.3.9 (Unix) tomcat/1.0 configured -- resuming normal operations
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.AJP12ResponseAdapter.sendStatus(Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpResponseAdapter.endHeaders(Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.tomcat.core.BufferedServletOutputStream.sendHeaders(Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.tomcat.core.BufferedServletOutputStream.reallyFlush(Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.tomcat.core.ResponseImpl.finish(Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.Ajp12ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpConnectionThread.run(Compiled Code)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Compiled Code)

QUESTION:

I did not compile the mod_jserv that came with 3.1.M2rc2.  I am still
using the mod_jserv that I have always used to communicate with
Tomcat 3.0 and Tomcat 3.1M1. with some mods to do logging for
personal use.  And I have been successful in configuring Apache
to startup Tomcat ever since 3.0.

Should I use the mod_jserv in 3.1M2? Have there been some big changes
to mod_jserv apj12?

thanks

--
Freddie  Mendoza