Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Chris Lewis <ch...@bellsouth.net> on 2007/08/11 00:02:04 UTC

T5: asset: prefix

Hello,

I was looking at the Palette source and saw the following param
annotation for the _source property:

@Parameter(value = "*asset:select.png*")

The only thing I've been able to find about the asset: prefix is on the
T5 start page, where it mentions that this prefix allows asset files to
be bound to parameters. Could someone explain this and how it's useful?
Aside from seeking a better understanding, I'm curious how tapestry
actually resolves the path to the file, select.png. It would seem that
this prefix allows one to easily swap in a different image file (for
theming purposes, etc), but don't understand how it is resolved. Any
insight is appreciated.