Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com> on 2016/08/19 22:44:48 UTC

FlexJS 0.7.0 - NPM installation issues

I just tried the rc release with the current npm installation setup.

First issue I see is this:

Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, scandir
'C:\Users\omuppirala\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\flexjs\downloads\falcon\compiler\generated\dist\sdk\bin'

In 0.6.0, we were copying files from the
'...\downloads\falcon\compiler\generated\dist\sdk\bin' directory.  Did that
get moved?

Thanks,
Om

AW: FlexJS 0.7.0 - NPM installation issues

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Aaaahh ... I think I just misunderstood you. I thought you added some changes to the compiler defaults. Yes, we did clean up quite a bit there. But the changes I did should probably only have an effect on Maven builds. So I guess we're on the safe side from the Maven point of view.

Chris

________________________________
Posted by Josh Tynjala <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.

Posted by Josh Tynjala <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
On 8/20/16, 11:08 PM, "omuppi1@gmail.com on behalf of OmPrakash Muppirala"
<omuppi1@gmail.com on behalf of bigosmallm@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Aug 20, 2016 10:33 PM, "Alex Harui" <ah...@adobe.com> wrote:
>>

>> On 8/20/16, 5:50 PM, "omuppi1@gmail.com on behalf of OmPrakash
>>Muppirala"
>> <omuppi1@gmail.com on behalf of bigosmallm@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> >Okay, looks like the falcon distribution has changed a lot.  Can you
>> >please
>> >point me to the new way of doing these:
>> >
>> >Right now, we copy:
>> >
>> >falcon/js/lib to flexjs/js/lib
>> >falcon/js/lib to flexjs/js/libs
>> >falcon/externs to flexjs/externs
>> >falcon/compiler/generated/dist/sdk/lib to  flexjs/lib
>> >falcon/compiler/lib to flexjs/lib/external
>> >
>> >How would this change with the new maven related changes?
>>
>> I'm not quite sure what you are looking for. Are you copying files from
>> the repos or a binary package?
>
>Binary package.   I am trying to reconcile  the way we were packaging
>0.6.0
>vs the way we are doing it with 0.7.0.

If you are starting with apache-flex-falconjx-0.7.0-bin, then the answers
are slightly different because the binary packages bundles flex-typedefs
(sort of like how flex-sdk bundles flex-tlf):

I think what was in falcon/js/lib is now in falcon/compiler-jx/lib
falcon/js/libs should still be there
What was in falcon/externs is now in falcon/flex-typedefs
falcon/compiler/generated/dist/sdk/lib is probably in falcon/compiler/lib
and
already has the external folder set up correctly.

-Alex

Re: FlexJS 0.7.0 - NPM installation issues

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
On Aug 20, 2016 10:33 PM, "Alex Harui" <ah...@adobe.com> wrote:

> On 8/20/16, 5:50 PM, "omuppi1@gmail.com on behalf of OmPrakash Muppirala"
> <omuppi1@gmail.com on behalf of bigosmallm@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Okay, looks like the falcon distribution has changed a lot.  Can you
> >please
> >point me to the new way of doing these:
> >
> >Right now, we copy:
> >
> >falcon/js/lib to flexjs/js/lib
> >falcon/js/lib to flexjs/js/libs
> >falcon/externs to flexjs/externs
> >falcon/compiler/generated/dist/sdk/lib to  flexjs/lib
> >falcon/compiler/lib to flexjs/lib/external
> >
> >How would this change with the new maven related changes?
>
> I'm not quite sure what you are looking for. Are you copying files from
> the repos or a binary package?

Binary package.   I am trying to reconcile  the way we were packaging 0.6.0
vs the way we are doing it with 0.7.0.

Assuming the repos:

> I think what was in falcon/js/lib is now in compiler-jx/lib
> falcon/js/libs is now in individual folders in the flex-typedefs repo and
> aggregated into flex-asjs/js/libs
> Falcon/externs is moved to the flex-typedefs repo
> Falcon/compiler/generated/dist/sdk/lib is probably in compiler/lib and
> already has the external folder set up correctly.

This is good info.   Let me try these changes.

Is this different from the binaries?

Thanks,
Om

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 8/20/16, 5:50 PM, "omuppi1@gmail.com on behalf of OmPrakash Muppirala"
<omuppi1@gmail.com on behalf of bigosmallm@gmail.com> wrote:

>Okay, looks like the falcon distribution has changed a lot.  Can you
>please
>point me to the new way of doing these:
>
>Right now, we copy:
>
>falcon/js/lib to flexjs/js/lib
>falcon/js/lib to flexjs/js/libs
>falcon/externs to flexjs/externs
>falcon/compiler/generated/dist/sdk/lib to  flexjs/lib
>falcon/compiler/lib to flexjs/lib/external
>
>How would this change with the new maven related changes?

I'm not quite sure what you are looking for. Are you copying files from
the repos or a binary package?  Assuming the repos:

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.