Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Andreas Sewe <se...@st.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de> on 2017/03/02 08:24:49 UTC

Re: [EXTERNAL] [ANN] Apache Maven Version 3.5.0-alpha-1 Released

Hi,

> Any chance the Aether work would somehow enable declaring server credentials only once in settings.xml and then reusing them for multiple build.repositories.repository nodes in pom.xml (such as when you have multiple independent repositories within the same authentication realm of a single host)?

FYI, Eclipse Tycho has recently (version 1.0.0) introduced a similar
feature for sharing mirror settings for multiple repositories [1]. As
the above feature request is similar (sharing settings for multiple
repositories), the configuration syntax chosen by the Tycho developers
(treating a URI repository/id specially) may serve as inspiration.

Hope this helps,

Andreas

[1]
<https://wiki.eclipse.org/Tycho/Target_Platform/Authentication_and_Mirrors#Mirroring_multiple_Repositories>

RE: [EXTERNAL] [ANN] Apache Maven Version 3.5.0-alpha-1 Released

Posted by Justin Georgeson <JG...@lgc.com>.
There's already MNG-5585 [1] for declaring credentials for authentication realms insettings.xml, so that Maven could choose the credentials that match the challenge by realm instead of hard coding the mapping of each <repository> to a <server>.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-5585

Posted by Andreas Sewe <se...@st.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>.

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.