Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jacob Kjome <ho...@visi.com> on 2002/08/28 20:58:32 UTC

Re[2]: STILL need help w. Tomcat installation!!

Hello STEVE,

Ok, I am using Win2k, but it should be pretty much the same in WinXP.

1. right click on "My Computer" and choose "properties"
2. click on the "Advanced" tab
3. click on the "Environment Variables..." button

You will see an area to add user variables for the current user and an
area for setting system variables (for all users).

4. click the "New..." button under system variables.
5. Now add the following...
   Variable Name:  JAVA_HOME
  Variable Value:  c:\j2sdk1.4.0_01  (modify based on your java install)

You can follow the same steps for setting up the CATALINA_HOME
variable (Catalina is the other name for the Tomcat-4.x.x series).
Make sure you install Tomcat to a directory without spaces in the
path.  It is possible to work with spaces, but you will make your life
a lot easier by not having any spaces (eg... don't install under
c:\Program Files\...).

That should be it.  Let us know what other issues you run into...or if
you have some success!

Jake

--
Best regards,