Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Grégory Joseph <gr...@magnolia-cms.com> on 2011/05/02 17:07:21 UTC

Search aggregates and excerpts - can't seem to get configured indexed properties in excerpts

Hi there,

I'm trying to configure the following search index:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE configuration SYSTEM "http://jackrabbit.apache.org/dtd/indexing-configuration-1.2.dtd">
<configuration xmlns:jcr="http://www.jcp.org/jcr/1.0"
               xmlns:nt="http://www.jcp.org/jcr/nt/1.0"
               xmlns:mgnl="http://www.magnolia.info/jcr/mgnl">
  <aggregate primaryType="mgnl:thread">
    <include primaryType="mgnl:message">*</include>
  </aggregate>

<!-- from the above, I'm guessing you've guessed the data structure. -->

  <index-rule nodeType="mgnl:thread">
    <!--<property>title</property>-->
  </index-rule>
  <index-rule nodeType="mgnl:message">
    <!--<property>title</property>-->
    <property boost="2.0">content</property>
  </index-rule>

</configuration>

I specifically left the "title" properties out, because from my tests... it seems excerpts are only returned from those titles !

So I have a few questions -
* is the above correct, should it work ?
* when aggregated properties have the same name - what happens ? Does it matter ? (a thread node will have several message nodes, each with a "content" property)
* if i nest messages, would this work ?
  <aggregate primaryType="mgnl:message">
    <include primaryType="mgnl:message">*</include>
  </aggregate>
  .. or am i limited to defining a bunch of includes such as     <include primaryType="mgnl:message">*/*/*/*</include>

Thanks for any hint !

Cheers,

-greg

  <index-rule nodeType="mgnl:thread">
<!--
    <property>title</property>
-->
  </index-rule>
  <index-rule nodeType="mgnl:message">
<!--
    <property>title</property>
-->
    <property boost="2.0">content</property>
  </index-rule>

</configuration>

    <!--
    title
    content
    -->

<!-- in workspace.xml :
   <param name="indexingConfiguration" value="${wsp.home}/indexing_forum_configuration.xml"/>
   <param name="supportHighlighting" value="true"/>
   <param name="excerptProviderClass" value="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.lucene.WeightedHTMLExcerpt"/>
-->

Re: Search aggregates and excerpts - can't seem to get configured indexed properties in excerpts

Posted by Grégory Joseph <gr...@magnolia-cms.com>.
With further tests, I am wondering if index-rules are taken into account for aggregates. Could anyone confirm/deny ?

Cheers,

-greg