Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by di...@multitask.com.au on 2003/03/17 12:43:07 UTC

Maven Project Status

Since the board resolution passed last week:

- We've made some progress with Brian getting the infrastructure
requirements underway.

- Documentation is being reworked

- Discussion has taken place on IRC about bylaws and how best to encourage
wider participation and more open development. Nothing has yet come of
this, or been committed to CVS in this respect, and we seek further
guidance on this point of the resolution.

- An initial roadmap document ( See
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/jakarta-turbine-maven/xdocs/roadmap.xml?rev=HEAD&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup
 ) has been committed by Jason, which addresses some key concerns for Maven
that the development team feel need to be addressed before a 1.0 release.

- There has been a source drop some code for discussion/review of various
roadmap issues.

- Maven continues to be an integration point for various Java build tools,
and new plugins to work with the sourceforge documentation project
asheklon, and to provide zsh command completion for maven were committed.

- Licensing and providing useful license information from the Maven POM and
ibiblio repository has also been a discussed.
--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting
Work:      http://www.multitask.com.au

Re: Maven Project Status

Posted by Rafal Krzewski <Ra...@caltha.pl>.
dion@multitask.com.au wrote:

> - An initial roadmap document (...)
> has been committed by Jason, which addresses some key concerns for Maven
> that the development team feel need to be addressed before a 1.0 release.

An excelent read, I reccomend it to evreyone who've not read it yet.
Lots of exciting stuff is coming along!

R.