Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by Vipul Pandey <vi...@gmail.com> on 2011/05/25 03:41:38 UTC

PFPGrowth : Error: Java heap space

hi!

I had been running PFPGrowth embedded in my code so far in that my main
class launches PFPGrowth after accepting the config params from command
line. I used to set  -Dmapred.child.java.opts="-server -Xmx2G -Xms2G" for my
jobs and the config used to be passed along to PFPGrowth as well.
I just switched to using FPGrowthDriver directly to launch my jobs and now
my tasks are failing due to OOME. It doesn't allow me to set the options as
above.
Any way out?

thanks!
vipul

Re: PFPGrowth : Error: Java heap space

Posted by Robin Anil <ro...@gmail.com>.
FPGrowth doesnt use Hadoop. Its in-memory  implementation of the algo. You
need to increase the java heapspace of your client. (if the data can fit the
memory)

Robin

Posted by Sean Owen <sr...@gmail.com>.