Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/17 22:53:12 UTC

ApacheCon EU 2014: (at least) 3 wicket presentations

All,

I was just notified that my 3 proposals for presentations about Wicket
were accepted. Apparently I have some work to do...

My proposals are below.

Hope to see you there!

Martijn

Apache Wicket: 10 years and beyond

With the Tenth Anniversary of Wicket behind us, Wicket is still one of
the thriving survivors of the Great Web Framework Wars of the mid
00's. Is there a future for server-side frameworks? In this
presentation Martijn Dashorst provides a brief history of Wicket. With
a State of the Wicket, Martijn will look at who is currently using
Wicket, the community and current release plans. The majority of this
session will be dedicated to the future of Wicket: does a component
oriented, Java web framework have a future in the era of native
clients and client side JavaScript frameworks? Martijn will layout the
plans of making Wicket more productive for current users, on
integrating better with JavaEE technologies and much more.

Wicket and Java EE sitting in a tree

Apache Wicket strives to enable developers to be very productive and
craft maintainable web applications. Java EE also enables developers
to achieve high productivity. So what happens when you combine both
technologies? In this session Martijn Dashorst shows how to leverage
the available Java EE technologies such as CDI, JPA, Bean Validation
and JAX-RS in your Wicket applications.

Wicket Puzzlers

Apache Wicket is a web framework that enables you to write
maintainable web applications. However there are a lot of different
ways in which you can shoot yourself in your own foot, or write code
that seems it should work but doesn't, or has odd side effects. In
this presentation, Martijn Dashorst will present several puzzlers in
the same format as the acclaimed "Java Puzzlers" presentation. He will
present the case, offer several choices and then present the correct
answer.

Re: ApacheCon EU 2014: (at least) 3 wicket presentations

Posted by Chris Snyder <ch...@biologos.org>.
Wish I could go - those all look very interesting and relevant. I second
the request for slides (and ideally, video)!

-Chris

On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 4:53 PM, Martijn Dashorst <
martijn.dashorst@gmail.com> wrote:

> All,
>
> I was just notified that my 3 proposals for presentations about Wicket
> were accepted. Apparently I have some work to do...
>
> My proposals are below.
>
> Hope to see you there!
>
> Martijn
>
> Apache Wicket: 10 years and beyond
>
> With the Tenth Anniversary of Wicket behind us, Wicket is still one of
> the thriving survivors of the Great Web Framework Wars of the mid
> 00's. Is there a future for server-side frameworks? In this
> presentation Martijn Dashorst provides a brief history of Wicket. With
> a State of the Wicket, Martijn will look at who is currently using
> Wicket, the community and current release plans. The majority of this
> session will be dedicated to the future of Wicket: does a component
> oriented, Java web framework have a future in the era of native
> clients and client side JavaScript frameworks? Martijn will layout the
> plans of making Wicket more productive for current users, on
> integrating better with JavaEE technologies and much more.
>
> Wicket and Java EE sitting in a tree
>
> Apache Wicket strives to enable developers to be very productive and
> craft maintainable web applications. Java EE also enables developers
> to achieve high productivity. So what happens when you combine both
> technologies? In this session Martijn Dashorst shows how to leverage
> the available Java EE technologies such as CDI, JPA, Bean Validation
> and JAX-RS in your Wicket applications.
>
> Wicket Puzzlers
>
> Apache Wicket is a web framework that enables you to write
> maintainable web applications. However there are a lot of different
> ways in which you can shoot yourself in your own foot, or write code
> that seems it should work but doesn't, or has odd side effects. In
> this presentation, Martijn Dashorst will present several puzzlers in
> the same format as the acclaimed "Java Puzzlers" presentation. He will
> present the case, offer several choices and then present the correct
> answer.

Chris Snyder
Web Developer, BioLogos
biologos.org

Re: ApacheCon EU 2014: (at least) 3 wicket presentations

Posted by Jeremy Thomerson <je...@wickettraining.com>.
Sweet! I hope you share your slides (and maybe even recorded video?) with
the world!

On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 4:53 PM, Martijn Dashorst <
martijn.dashorst@gmail.com> wrote:

> All,
>
> I was just notified that my 3 proposals for presentations about Wicket
> were accepted. Apparently I have some work to do...
>
> My proposals are below.
>
> Hope to see you there!
>
> Martijn
>
> Apache Wicket: 10 years and beyond
>
> With the Tenth Anniversary of Wicket behind us, Wicket is still one of
> the thriving survivors of the Great Web Framework Wars of the mid
> 00's. Is there a future for server-side frameworks? In this
> presentation Martijn Dashorst provides a brief history of Wicket. With
> a State of the Wicket, Martijn will look at who is currently using
> Wicket, the community and current release plans. The majority of this
> session will be dedicated to the future of Wicket: does a component
> oriented, Java web framework have a future in the era of native
> clients and client side JavaScript frameworks? Martijn will layout the
> plans of making Wicket more productive for current users, on
> integrating better with JavaEE technologies and much more.
>
> Wicket and Java EE sitting in a tree
>
> Apache Wicket strives to enable developers to be very productive and
> craft maintainable web applications. Java EE also enables developers
> to achieve high productivity. So what happens when you combine both
> technologies? In this session Martijn Dashorst shows how to leverage
> the available Java EE technologies such as CDI, JPA, Bean Validation
> and JAX-RS in your Wicket applications.
>
> Wicket Puzzlers
>
> Apache Wicket is a web framework that enables you to write
> maintainable web applications. However there are a lot of different
> ways in which you can shoot yourself in your own foot, or write code
> that seems it should work but doesn't, or has odd side effects. In
> this presentation, Martijn Dashorst will present several puzzlers in
> the same format as the acclaimed "Java Puzzlers" presentation. He will
> present the case, offer several choices and then present the correct
> answer.

Jeremy Thomerson
http://wickettraining.com