Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Han JU <ju...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/23 15:21:36 UTC

Job launch from eclipse

Hi,

I'm getting my hands on hadoop. One thing I really want to know is how you
launch MR jobs in a development environment.

I'm currently using Eclipse 3.7 with hadoop plugin from hadoop 1.0.2. With
this plugin I can manage HDFS and submit job to cluster. But the strange
thing is, every job launch from Eclipse in this way is not recorded by the
jobtracker (can't monitor it from web UI). But finally the output appears
in HDFS path as the parameter I gave. It's really strange that makes me
think it's a standalone job run then it writes output to HDFS.

So how do you code and launch jobs to cluster?

Many thanks.

--
*JU Han*

UTC   -  Université de Technologie de Compiègne
*     **GI06 - Fouille de Données et Décisionnel*

+33 0619608888

Re: Job launch from eclipse

Posted by Han JU <ju...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Shashwat and Mohammad.
I'm exporting jars and run that with hadoop jar, but I think we should have
better ways.
I've tried a lot but launch in Eclipse just doesn't work. I don't really
want to hard code jobtracker or hdfs information in my code.
Maybe it's a bug in hadoop eclipse plugin? I'm using that of hadoop 1.0.2,
do we have newer versions?

Thanks.

--
*JU Han*