Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by risky57 <ri...@hotmail.com> on 2007/04/23 22:46:41 UTC

How do I create a single jar of tomcat embedded on the Mac?

ok, ive got my tomcat embedded application working.

in eclipse. it runs. starts. stops. all fine.

i cant seem to jar this application up properly.

i need a single executable jar.
i keep getting:

can anyone help?

RE: How do I create a single jar of tomcat embedded on the Mac?

Posted by risky57 <ri...@hotmail.com>.

Caldarale, Charles R wrote:

> The jar should have a META-INF/MANIFEST.MF file in it (the names must be
> upper case).  Within this file, there should be a line declaring the
> Main-Class of the application.  What does yours have in it?
>
>  - Chuck

i have included the Main-Class and also included a Class-Path to the jars
that i wanted to include.

RE: How do I create a single jar of tomcat embedded on the Mac?

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: "risky57" <ri...@hotmail.com>
> Subject: How do I create a single jar of tomcat embedded on the Mac?
>
> i need a single executable jar.
> i keep getting:

The jar should have a META-INF/MANIFEST.MF file in it (the names must be
upper case).  Within this file, there should be a line declaring the
Main-Class of the application.  What does yours have in it?

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.

Re: How do I create a single jar of tomcat embedded on the Mac?

Posted by risky57 <ri...@hotmail.com>.

Martin Gainty wrote:

> please display the name of the class which is missing (from
> ClassDefNotFound) which should be displayed in either
> %CATALINA_HOME%/logs/localhost.YYYY-MM-DD.log
> %CATALINA_HOME%/logs/stdout_YYYYMMDD.log
>
> M--

when i try to run the recentley created jar in the terminal i get the
following error:

org/apache/catalina/Container

i could not fin that class in any of the external jars, so downloaded one
that had it and included it. and still get the same error.

Re: How do I create a single jar of tomcat embedded on the Mac?