Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Dan Klco <da...@sixdimensions.com> on 2013/04/24 15:48:55 UTC

SLING-2838: Broken Links Throughout Site

Does someone want to handle this issue, since it will take a while to get my Apache account setup?  The patch attached to the issue fixes 100+ broken links on the sling.apache.org website.

Most of the links are links to external resources in the documentation.  These links use references, even though they are to external pages, resulting in a blank URL.

Thanks,
Dan

RE: SLING-2838: Broken Links Throughout Site

Posted by Dan Klco <da...@sixdimensions.com>.
At this point, I believe most of the easy wins are fixed.   Please find attached a CSV of the results from a link checking tool.   The remaining broken links are:

/links.html -> http://dev.day.com/microsling/content/blogs/main.html/
/links.html -> http://servicemix.apache.org/SMX4KNL/running-apache-sling-on-servicemix-kernel.html

Additionally, a number of samples using localhost use links, should those be removed?

Unless anyone has any concerns or finds any further regressions, I believe these changes are ready to move.  Please let me know if there is any further process I should follow, otherwise I will promote the changes to the live site as per the docs:
http://www.apache.org/dev/cmsref.html#publishing

Thanks,
Dan

Does someone want to handle this issue, since it will take a while to get my Apache account setup?  The patch attached to the issue fixes 100+ broken links on the sling.apache.org website.

Most of the links are links to external resources in the documentation.  These links use references, even though they are to external pages, resulting in a blank URL.

Thanks,
Dan

-----
No virus found in this message.

Re: SLING-2838: Broken Links Throughout Site

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi Dan,

On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 3:48 PM, Dan Klco <da...@sixdimensions.com> wrote:
> Does someone want to handle this issue, since it will take a while to get my Apache account setup?...

According to http://people.apache.org/committers-by-project.html#sling
your account is all set, did you try committing something trivial
under https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/sling/ to check? Use https, not
http.

If that doesn't work, Carsten as the PMC needs to set that up, but
other than that you should be fine.

-Bertrand