Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Michele Bianchi <mi...@research.telcordia.com> on 2000/02/24 02:19:09 UTC

new processor

is there a template or an example to write a new processor?

i'd like to extract the cookies and the parameter and to insert them in the xml
document.  i tried using xsp and it works, but it seems to me to be rather
complicate to copy the code in every page, and i tried also following the
example of the "tag-library", but with my case it doesn't make it easier.

any other suggestion?

thanks in advance!

michele

michele bianchi - telcordia technologies               http://mic.aesthetica.it
445 south street, mcc 1d316r                                  t +1 973 829 4117
morristown, nj 07960                                          f +1 973 829 5981

Re: new processor

Posted by Michele Bianchi <mi...@research.telcordia.com>.
On Wed, 23 Feb 2000, Donald Ball wrote:

> What? the cookie taglib is easy as pie to use. Just put in the XSP
> process PI, reference the cookie namespace prefix in the document's root
> element, and put in <cookie:> nodes wherever you want to play with
> cookies. Nothing could be simpler... right?

yep!  i'm just trying.  anyway have anybody some docs or an example?  (now
apache.org refuses the connection).

thanks!

Re: new processor

Posted by Michele Bianchi <mi...@research.telcordia.com>.
On Wed, 23 Feb 2000, Donald Ball wrote:

> What? the cookie taglib is easy as pie to use. Just put in the XSP
> process PI, reference the cookie namespace prefix in the document's root
> element, and put in <cookie:> nodes wherever you want to play with
> cookies. Nothing could be simpler... right?

i'm getting more experience with xsp and namespace, but it's not clear
cookie.xsl, i tried those

<cookie:get-value name="wap_login"/>

<cookie:get-value>wap_login</cookie:get-value>

<cookie:get-value as="wap_login"/>

but they don't work.  i'd like to get the cookie value by name.  and what about
parameters (post & get method?)

help appreciated!

ps: does a help/tutorial/howto exist about
    src/org/apache/cocoon/processor/xsp/library/java?

Re: new processor

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.
On Wed, 23 Feb 2000, Michele Bianchi wrote:

> is there a template or an example to write a new processor?

Sure, SQLProcessor isn't terribly complicated. The processor API itself is
pretty simple.

> i'd like to extract the cookies and the parameter and to insert them in the xml
> document.  i tried using xsp and it works, but it seems to me to be rather
> complicate to copy the code in every page, and i tried also following the
> example of the "tag-library", but with my case it doesn't make it easier.

What? the cookie taglib is easy as pie to use. Just put in the XSP
process PI, reference the cookie namespace prefix in the document's root
element, and put in <cookie:> nodes wherever you want to play with
cookies. Nothing could be simpler... right?

- donald