Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Rahul Raj <ra...@gmail.com> on 2017/10/03 11:51:54 UTC

Custom Metrics Reporting in Flink

Hi,

Is there any good example for custom metrics reporting in Flink? I tried to
follow the documentation but failed to achieve the result. Basically my
task is to identify the corrupt records based on a missing field and report
the same via statsd reporter.

Rahul Raj

Re: Custom Metrics Reporting in Flink

Posted by Chesnay Schepler <ch...@apache.org>.
This doesn't sound like a proper use-case for the metric system, but for
side-outputs with a dedicated sink.

My reasoning is that it sounds like you want to push data, whereas the
metrics work by drawing a snapshot of all metrics
and writing them out, i.e. one value per metric.