Posted to dev@ode.apache.org by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org> on 2007/06/08 12:17:29 UTC

New Mentor

Gang,

I have volunteered to be a new Mentor for the ODE community, with a very
strong focus on getting you guys graduated.

So, if there are any objections, please speak up. (I got thick skin.)

In essence we need to;

 - Establish a PPMC, with the goal of becoming the graduated projects PMC.

 - Cut a release for the Incubator's review process. (this does not have
   to be a technically functional release, but for the legal review that
   you will be expected to be aware of once you are ready to release
   proper.)

 - Graduate. (Incubator holds too many podlings.)

Timeline for this to be determined.

Questions and comment are most welcome.

Cheers
--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer

I  live here; http://tinyurl.com/2qq9er
I  work here; http://tinyurl.com/2ymelc
I relax here; http://tinyurl.com/2cgsug

Re: New Mentor

Posted by Matthieu Riou <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Niclas,

Welcome in ODE, it's great to have you here!

Here are my comments:

- Establish a PPMC, with the goal of becoming the graduated projects PMC.

Yep, certainly. How do you want to handle this? I can start a separate
thread with the name of all the active committers and they can each reply if
they're interested. Would that work to come up with a first list that you
guys can vote on?

- Cut a release for the Incubator's review process. (this does not have
>    to be a technically functional release, but for the legal review that
>    you will be expected to be aware of once you are ready to release
>    proper.)

We've released a 1.0 a week ago and have been through all the legal review
you're mentioning ([1]). Not that we don't have another release cooking,
we've just had some roadmap discussion (starting at [2]) for a 1.1. But I
think we've demonstrated our awareness of the legal process with 1.0.

- Graduate. (Incubator holds too many podlings.)

Oh yeah!

Timeline for this to be determined.

It mostly depends whether we need another incubator release or not I think.
As we just released, coming up with another one, even minor, would maybe
take from 1 to 2 months if we want to show at least a few more stuff (like
almost full BPEL compliance). Otherwise I guess it's just going to be a lot
of cleanup to get ready for graduation.

Thanks again for volunteering in helping us!

Matthieu

[1]
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/200705.mbox/%3cfbdc6a970705281352w7353531cs4e20a4e5150e9870@mail.gmail.com%3e
[2]
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-ode-dev/200705.mbox/%3c5582dd3b0705311817h28eb187ak3f1da9d96210920b@mail.gmail.com%3e

Re: New Mentor

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
Sounds great.

Paul

On 6/8/07, Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org> wrote:

> Gang,
>
> I have volunteered to be a new Mentor for the ODE community, with a very
> strong focus on getting you guys graduated.
>
> So, if there are any objections, please speak up. (I got thick skin.)
>
> In essence we need to;
>
>  - Establish a PPMC, with the goal of becoming the graduated projects PMC.
>
>  - Cut a release for the Incubator's review process. (this does not have
>    to be a technically functional release, but for the legal review that
>    you will be expected to be aware of once you are ready to release
>    proper.)
>
>  - Graduate. (Incubator holds too many podlings.)
>
> Timeline for this to be determined.
>
> Questions and comment are most welcome.
>

> Cheers
> --
> Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer

Paul Fremantle
OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair

blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org
paul@wso2.com

Re: New Mentor

Posted by Assaf Arkin <ar...@intalio.com>.
Welcome aboard Niclas.

On 6/8/07, Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org> wrote:

> I relax here; http://tinyurl.com/2cgsug

I envy you!

Assaf

--
CTO, Intalio
http://www.intalio.com

Re: New Mentor

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Welcome aboard!

Re: New Mentor

Posted by Alex Boisvert <bo...@intalio.com>.
On 6/8/07, Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org> wrote:

> I have volunteered to be a new Mentor for the ODE community, with a very
> strong focus on getting you guys graduated.

Excellent!    I don't think we could ask for a better agenda at this point.

Welcome and thanks for volunteering,
alex