Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by rishi007bansod <ri...@gmail.com> on 2017/05/19 11:45:40 UTC

ODBC driver error during SELECT query for string data type

Hi,
    While fetching string fields using ODBC driver from ignite cache in
python, I am getting following error,

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "pythonOdbc.py", line 13, in <module>
    row = cursor.fetchone()
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf16' codec can't decode byte 0x00 in position 2:
truncated data

ODBC connection string i have used is :
connection_string=
'DRIVER=/usr/local/lib/libignite-odbc.so;ADDRESS=localhost:10800;CACHE=Person'

Is there any encoding parameter that I need to set to remove above error?

Thanks

Re: ODBC driver error during SELECT query for string data type

Posted by Igor Sapego <is...@gridgain.com>.
I'm glad it helped.

Best Regards,
Igor

Posted by rishi007bansod <ri...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Igor Sapego <is...@gridgain.com>.
Hi,

Can you provide a bit more info about your code and library you have used
to connect to ODBC?

We have not tested our driver with python so it seems very interesting, but
the only thing I can point you to right now is that our ODBC driver uses
UTF-8, not UTF-16 encoding. I'm not sure if encoding is specified in
application or library code though.

Best Regards,
Igor