Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com> on 2002/09/23 05:08:28 UTC

[VOTE] Commons Lang release 1.0

I'm proposing a vote for a 1.0 release of Commons Lang to be made.

The difference from the b1 release may be seen at:

http://www.generationjava.com/projects/vij/commons-lang.javadiff

The changelog since then may be seen at:

http://www.generationjava.com/maven/jakarta-commons/lang/commons-lang-Changelog.txt

The mavenised version of the site may be seen at:

http://www.generationjava.com/maven/jakarta-commons/lang/

[This is not planned for the actual site as yet, but has proven useful].

Daniel Rall or myself will do the actual release.

I'm +1, but hopefully we'll get 3 +1's from non-Lang coders.

Hen

Re: [VOTE] Commons Lang release 1.0

Posted by Stephen Colebourne <sc...@btopenworld.com>.
+1

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

Re: [VOTE] Commons Lang release 1.0

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.
Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com> writes:

> I'm proposing a vote for a 1.0 release of Commons Lang to be made.
>
> The difference from the b1 release may be seen at:
>
> http://www.generationjava.com/projects/vij/commons-lang.javadiff
>
> The changelog since then may be seen at:
>
> http://www.generationjava.com/maven/jakarta-commons/lang/commons-lang-Changelog.txt
>
> The mavenised version of the site may be seen at:
>
> http://www.generationjava.com/maven/jakarta-commons/lang/
>
> [This is not planned for the actual site as yet, but has proven useful].
>
> Daniel Rall or myself will do the actual release.
>
> I'm +1, but hopefully we'll get 3 +1's from non-Lang coders.

+1, woo hoo!
--

Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>

Commons Lang release 1.0 release candidate 1 available

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.
Commons Lang 1.0 RC1 is now available for download here:

http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-commons/release/commons-lang/v1.0-rc1/

Please let me know what issues you find with it.  Everything seems to
be in order -- I figure we cut the final by end of week (if not
sooner).

Posted by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com>.

On 24 Sep 2002, Daniel Rall wrote:

> I've tagged CVS as LANG_1_0_RC1, and prepared distributions of [lang]
> in .zip and .tar.gz formats.  I need Hen to `chmod -R g+w
> /www/jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-commons/release/commons-lang`
> before I can move the files from my homedir on apache.org to the
> download directory.

Done.

Re: [VOTE] Commons Lang release 1.0

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.
I've tagged CVS as LANG_1_0_RC1, and prepared distributions of [lang]
in .zip and .tar.gz formats.  I need Hen to `chmod -R g+w
/www/jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-commons/release/commons-lang`
before I can move the files from my homedir on apache.org to the
download directory.

Incidently, I was thinking that it would be great if the build files
would produce the .tar.gz and .zip for you.  I can move in Ant code to
do this, but was wondering if Maven could take care of it for us (I
built the packages via the vanilla Ant build file, BTW).

Posted by Steven Caswell <st...@caswell.name>.
Sorry, I've been away from my e-mail for a while. Definite +1.

Steven Caswell
steven@caswell.name
a.k.a Mungo Knotwise of Michel Delving

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@mac.com>.
+1

could someone add lang to bugzilla (preferable before the release)?

- robert