Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Cameron Cole <cw...@rogers.com> on 2002/07/19 03:10:16 UTC

T3 and torque

Good day,

I have been trying to get an app built on T3 using Fulcrum 3 and Torque
3.0-b2. Everything has been going well until today, when I attempted to
call
org.apache.fulcrum.security.TurbineSecurity.getAllGroups().getGroupsArray();
When I make this call using torque 3.0-b2 I get the following exception:

org.apache.torque.TorqueException: Torque.getPool(): pools is null, did
you call Torque.init() first?

I am pretty certain that the problem is in my TR.props file in that I
have not init'd Torque properly however I am at a loss at to what
properties I need to add to get torque to work. Can someone point me in
the right direction to find the properties I need? Or can someone give
me some insight into what may cause this error. The services.log log
file says that the PoolService is initializing correctly. When I switch
to Torque 3.0 b3 I get the following exception:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/torque/pool/DBConnection

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

-cam.

Re: T3 and torque

Posted by Cameron Cole <cw...@rogers.com>.
Ok, I have returned to torque 3 b2 and have turbine initializing
torque. However now I am getting a different error. Here is part of the
stack:

  org.apache.torque.TorqueException: Attempt to register pool for
database scarab that is not configured in Torque.properties
	at org.apache.torque.Torque.getPool(Torque.java:1019)
	at org.apache.torque.Torque.getDB(Torque.java:952)
	at org.apache.torque.util.BasePeer.createQueryString(BasePeer.java:1050)
	at org.apache.torque.util.BasePeer.doSelect(BasePeer.java:1367)
	at
org.apache.fulcrum.security.impl.db.entity.BaseTurbineGroupPeer.doSelectVillageRecords(BaseTurbineGroupPeer.java:290)
	at
org.apache.fulcrum.security.impl.db.entity.BaseTurbineGroupPeer.doSelectVillageRecords(BaseTurbineGroupPeer.java:261)
	at
org.apache.fulcrum.security.impl.db.entity.BaseTurbineGroupPeer.doSelect(BaseTurbineGroupPeer.java:238)
	at
org.apache.fulcrum.security.impl.db.DBSecurityService.getGroups(DBSecurityService.java:545)
	at
org.apache.fulcrum.security.BaseSecurityService.getAllGroups(BaseSecurityService.java:610)
	at
org.apache.fulcrum.security.TurbineSecurity.getAllGroups(TurbineSecurity.java:618)
<--snip-->

I have downloaded the source code to torque 3 b2 and recompiled the jar
with a bit of debug code in it. I have no reference to scarab in my
TR.props file, and no reference to scarab in any of my files. (at least
nothing that grep -i scarab `find . -type f` reports) from the base of
my webapp. However the getDatabaseProperty(String db, String prop)
method in Torque reports that it is looking for database.scarab.driver,
url, username, and password, as well as my database settings (nebula is
my database name). Does anyone know where I may start looking to find
out where this reference to scarab might be? Does anyone know where I
may have misconfigured something that could cause this behaviour? If you
need a copy of my TR.props file, please let me know, and I'll attach it.

Thanks in advance,

-cam.

Re: T3 and torque

Posted by Warner Onstine <sw...@warneronstine.com>.