Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by Brian O'Neill <bo...@gestalt-llc.com> on 2006/08/21 17:14:18 UTC

Multiple HTTP Component(s)?

The behavior of servicemix-components/http component and the
servicemix-http component appear to differ.  Can someone explain the
difference between these two?  Both appear to provide HTTP client/server
functionality.

In general, what is the status of the components under
servicemix-components?

We are interested in using rss and jabber as well, and could potentially
contribute one or more of our own.

I know there was some discussion on minimizing the number of components
in the code-base, and to break out component development elsewhere.  Was
this resolved?

-brian

Brian ONeill

Technical Architect, Gestalt LLC

boneill@gestalt-llc.com

215.588.6024 (m)

Re: Multiple HTTP Component(s)?

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
I think there is a consensus, that the lightweight components model is
really confusing.  In the future, we will try to make new std jbi components
out of the old components and deprecate them.

The POJO component should be an easy alternative for more jbi oriented
simple components.

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet