Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Vladimir Orlov <vo...@softwarium.net> on 2010/06/25 14:31:23 UTC

Hadoop S3FileSystem timestamps

Hi All,

Does anybody know why Hadoop S3FileSystem doesn't set correctly file
modification time when a new file is created? Is it somehow technically
limited or just a bug?  How can I set correct timestamp for a new
file/folder from Hadoop Job on EMR if a file is on S3?

Best regards,
Vladimir

Re: Hadoop S3FileSystem timestamps

Posted by Tom White <to...@cloudera.com>.
Files stored using s3n:// do have modification times set correctly,
but those using s3:// don't. See
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/AmazonS3 for the differences between the
two filesystems. It would be possible to add modification times to
s3:// by storing it in the INode object.

Cheers
Tom