Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Trace Pupke <pu...@cofc.edu> on 1998/08/18 17:40:14 UTC

os-osf/2865: [error] (35)Operation would block: couldn't spawn child process: /usr/local/etc/httpd/cgi-bin/Count.cgi

>Number:         2865
>Category:       os-osf
>Synopsis:       [error] (35)Operation would block: couldn't spawn child process: /usr/local/etc/httpd/cgi-bin/Count.cgi
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
Starts happening after the server is started and about 10-20 cgi scripts
have been executed. Then all after that I get the error above.

Checked the ulimit, it's set to unlimited.

The only way I can keep it under control is to have in the crontab to
restart the server every five minutes. But it still happens in between.

>How-To-Repeat:
http://www.cofc.edu/cgi-bin/php.cgi/about/calendar/cal_builder_fm2.php
http://www.cofc.edu/cgi-bin/searchscript.pl
http://www.cofc.edu/cgi-bin/php.cgi/about/calendar/bi_weekly_cal2.php

but most likely it will work, because I have the server restarting every 5 min.
I've got to make it work somehow until I can get the problem fixed.
>Fix:
I have no idea. I just upgraded the server from some old version of NCSA,
(which did the same thing by the way), and installed Apache just this past
weekend. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.