Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Om <bi...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/06 21:22:01 UTC

[RESULT] [VOTE] Release Apache Flex SDK Installer 1.0 - RC10

The vote passes with the following results:

+1 Binding:
Erik de Bruin
Alex Harui
Greg Reddin (Mentor/IPMC)
Om

+1 Non-binding:
Roland Zwaga
Miguel Martín-Forero Ruiz

I will start a vote thread on general@incubator.apache.org now.

Thanks to everyone who voted!

Regards,
Om

Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Release Apache Flex SDK Installer 1.0 - RC10

Posted by Leif Wells <le...@gmail.com>.
+1 Binding

Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Release Apache Flex SDK Installer 1.0 - RC10

Posted by Om <bi...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 7:58 AM, Carol Frampton <cf...@adobe.com> wrote:

> On 11/9/12 7 :37PM, "Om" <bi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Carol,
> >
> >I am not sure if this fixes "all" the problems.  But when I diff the files
> >from svn trunk vs. the packaged source kit, I still see some a few .as and
> >.mxml files which seem different because of some reason.
>
> Then we should figure that out but this isn't holding up the installer
> release as far as I know is it?  I still have lots of unread emails so I
> may find out in a bit.

No, its not a blocker for this release.  We are still waiting for a third
IPMC vote.

Thanks,
Om

Posted by Carol Frampton <cf...@adobe.com>.

On 11/12/12 11 :03AM, "Bertrand Delacretaz" <bd...@apache.org> wrote:

>On Sat, Nov 10, 2012 at 1:37 AM, Om <bi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> ...I am not sure if this fixes "all" the problems.  But when I diff the
>>files
>> from svn trunk vs. the packaged source kit, I still see some a few .as
>>and
>> .mxml files which seem different because of some reason....
>
>Did you ignore whitespace differences? That's diff -b on unixish
>boxes, and if there's any end-of-line processing you might get slight
>differences which usually do not matter.

Last I knew there were no whitespace differences on OSX but apparently
there are still a few on Windows.  If you ignore the whitespace
differences then both platforms are fine.  We were trying to address
sebb's issue on incubator-general so that there is an exact match and
there is one less thing that can crop up as a blocker in the future.

Carol

Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Release Apache Flex SDK Installer 1.0 - RC10

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On Sat, Nov 10, 2012 at 1:37 AM, Om <bi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ...I am not sure if this fixes "all" the problems.  But when I diff the files
> from svn trunk vs. the packaged source kit, I still see some a few .as and
> .mxml files which seem different because of some reason....

Did you ignore whitespace differences? That's diff -b on unixish
boxes, and if there's any end-of-line processing you might get slight
differences which usually do not matter.

-Bertrand

Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Release Apache Flex SDK Installer 1.0 - RC10

Posted by Carol Frampton <cf...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Om <bi...@gmail.com>.
Carol,

Posted by Carol Frampton <cf...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Om <bi...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 4:32 PM, Dasa Paddock <dp...@esri.com> wrote:

> I would try setting encoding="UTF8". I've found that this does fix
> problems like this on Windows.

Bingo!

Changing the tasks like this:

 <fixcrlf srcdir="${BUILD_DIR}/temp" eol="crlf"
excludes="**/*.ttf,**/*.png" *encoding="UTF8"*/>
and
<fixcrlf srcdir="${BUILD_DIR}/temp" eol="unix" excludes="**/*.ttf,**/*.png"

Posted by Dasa Paddock <dp...@esri.com>.

Posted by Carol Frampton <cf...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Om <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Om <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Release Apache Flex SDK Installer 1.0 - RC10

Posted by Om <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Om <bi...@gmail.com>.
Here is the thread:

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Release Apache Flex SDK Installer 1.0 - RC10

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.

1: http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Release Apache Flex SDK Installer 1.0 - RC10

Posted by Om <bi...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 10:06 AM, Om <bi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 10:01 AM, Carol Frampton <cf...@adobe.com>wrote:
>

>> On 11/6/12 11 :15PM, "Erik de Bruin" <er...@ixsoftware.nl> wrote:
>>
>> >+1 on Om's expedited release procedure.
>>
>> I don't agree.  I think less than 24 hours was not cool.  I struggled all
>> morning (San Francisco time) to build, install and check out the kit.
>> Before I was even finished the vote was closed.  Yes you had 3 +1s but
>> there still could have been -1s.
>>

> My bad.  Sorry.

Just to be clear, hereafter I will make sure that I give at least 72 hours
for a vote.  And if at all I need to expedite a vote, I will first ask if
anyone else is planning to vote.  Sorry for wasting your time.

Om

Posted by Om <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Carol Frampton <cf...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Release Apache Flex SDK Installer 1.0 - RC10

Posted by Om <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Carol Frampton <cf...@adobe.com>.
Om,