Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Fil John Goza <fi...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2019/05/19 08:27:41 UTC

Remote host shows loopback IP after upgrade to 1.0

Dear Team,
I happened to upgrade our existing guacamole server 0.9.14 to version 1.0.0 but after doing so, remote host does not show the user's correct IP, it display its loopback address of 127.0.01 instead of their public/private IP.

Upgrade procedure we've done are the following:
1. made a copy of existing server vm, then followed all documented upgrade procedures on test/cloned vm.
2. did update java to 1.8.0 for maven to work.
3. successfully installed guacamole-server, guacamole.war and guacamole-client.3a. replaced old guacamole.war and guacamole web folder with version 1.0.0
4. removed the 0.9.14 auth extension and replaced with jdbc-mysql-1.0.0.jar and then applied successfully the upgrade .sql schema
5. restarted tomcat, guacd services (in order)

I am able to login after the upgrade, am able to connect to my connections and all.Only problem faced is the Active Session window, see below screenshot.
Kindly assist me if there is/are step/s I missed duirng the procedure.

PS. I also did deleted the database using drop database command then import it from a backup.sql file

Thanks and regards,Filjohn Goza

Re: Remote host shows loopback IP after upgrade to 1.0

Posted by Fil John Goza <fi...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Thanks Mike and team for directing me where to do fix.All is working now by following this post https://qiita.com/tkprof/items/2ff334b27002c101d022Now it is working as expected.
Cheers,
Filjohn Goza

I happened to upgrade our existing guacamole server 0.9.14 to version 1.0.0 but after doing so, remote host does not show the user's correct IP, it display its loopback address of 127.0.01 instead of their public/private IP.

See the relevant part of the compatibility section of the release notes:
http://guacamole.apache.org/releases/1.0.0/#hostname-logging-within-database

- Mike

Re: Remote host shows loopback IP after upgrade to 1.0

Posted by Mike Jumper <mj...@apache.org>.