Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Milind Gadre <mi...@idiom.com> on 2000/08/16 08:18:05 UTC

Request for SOAP documentation/source

Hi,

I am in the process of trying out the Apache SOAP-RPC packages. I am
particularly interested in the XMISerializer, to send arbitrary Java
objects in a SOAP Call. This would match a communication protocol we
already have, where we are using Java serialization.

Questions:
[1] How can I learn more about XMISerializer?
[2] I need to extend it to work with classes that do not have public
fields - how can I do that?

I am getting exceptions such as the following. Where can I get access to
the either the source or more documentation?

java.lang.NullPointerException:
        at
com.ibm.xmi.job.JobFieldWriter.getFields(JobFieldWriter.java:118)
        at
com.ibm.xmi.job.JobWriterAdapter.getProperties(JobWriterAdapter.java:
46)
        at
com.ibm.xmi.framework.WriterWrapper.getProperties(WriterWrapper.java:
512)
        at com.ibm.xmi.framework.XMIFile.assignIds(XMIFile.java:277)
        at com.ibm.xmi.framework.XMIFile.assignIds(XMIFile.java:283)
        at com.ibm.xmi.framework.XMIFile.assignIds(XMIFile.java:283)
        at com.ibm.xmi.framework.XMIFile.assignIds(XMIFile.java:283)
        at com.ibm.xmi.framework.XMIFile.assignIds(XMIFile.java:283)
        at com.ibm.xmi.framework.XMIFile.assignXMIIds(XMIFile.java:316)
        at com.ibm.xmi.framework.XMIFile.write(XMIFile.java:832)
        at com.ibm.xmi.job.Job.writeObjectsImpl(Job.java:82)
        at com.ibm.xmi.job.Job.writeObjects(Job.java:44)
        at
org.apache.soap.util.xml.XMISerializer.marshall(XMISerializer.java:11
4)

Best regards...Milind
milind@idiom.com

Does anyone have any hard data on the SOAP performance vs JRMI performance?

Posted by Alex Shindich <sh...@itginc.com>.

Does anyone have any hard data on the SOAP performance vs JRMI performance?

Posted by Alex Shindich <sh...@itginc.com>.