Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by MilleBii <mi...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/06 19:05:50 UTC

Configurable depth for fetcher queue ?

Currently the depth queue is hardcoded to 50... however one needs to keep
#Threads x Depth below a certain number otherwise fetcher spends its life in
managing the queues and CPU becomes the limiting factor.
This is what was creating my L shape kind of bandwidth usage.

I had to patch it by hand, however I suggest we create a conf item to enable
different combination  #Threads x Depth.

Or we could also set it the opposite way which is to define a
"max.fetchqueue.totalSize" and derive the depth as totalSize/#Threads.
And of course max.fetchqueue.totalSize is very dependent on the system
specs, but this is what you want to control.

--
-MilleBii-