Posted to user@lucenenet.apache.org by "Bowles, Mickey" <Mi...@AftonChemical.com> on 2016/05/20 13:12:07 UTC

Searching on analyed fields with a number as a string

I need to use the MultiFieldQueryParser to look through 82 fields during a search.  Everything runs well with a few sminor exceptions.  One large exception, though, is a Field called Type which housed an Enum's int value as a string.  If we query like so "Type:5"  we get no results, although there are plenty of them as seen in the result from other searches.

Is there a way to search on a field in that format?  We have 9 "Types" and would like to do things like:

Query string = "joe smith and Type:5 and Type:6"

Thanks,

Mickey

RE: Searching on analyed fields with a number as a string

Posted by "Bowles, Mickey" <Mi...@AftonChemical.com>.
Turns out changing the stored value to the enum's string provided not only, a better outcome but a more logical search term  Type:Chemical

Thanks

Posted by Christian Johansson <Ch...@shpension.se>.

Posted by Itamar Syn-Hershko <it...@code972.com>.